I’m Engaged was bred by W.T. Young’s Overbrook Farm and is from the immediate female family of Overbrook’s Eclipse Champion Flanders, who is a half-sister to I’m Engaged’s dam, Engaging.
I’m Engaged herself won in maiden special weight and allowance company during her racing career, and she is a half to Grade 2 winner Fiery Pursuit (dam of stakes-placed winner Lawn Party and granddam of 2018 Graded-placed winning 2-year-old Stellar Agent), to stakes winner Stage Trick, and to stakes-placed winner Space Cruise.
Flanders, in addition to her championship racing career, is the dam of Eclipse Award winner Surfside and Grade 2 winner Battle Plan. Other top runners appearing under I’m Engaged’s 2nd dam, Starlet Storm, are three-time 2015 Grade 1 winning 2-year-old Air Force Blue, Grade 2 winner Open Water (the dam of 2017 stakes winner Raucous), plus Grade 3 winners Irish Surf and High Celebrity. Starlet Storm, meanwhile, is a full-sister to Storm Star, a Group 3 winner and the dam of Grade 3 winner Dodge. Storm Star is also the ancestress of four-time Group 1 winner in Chile and 2018 Grade 1 winner Wow Cat.
I’m Engaged’s third dam is the foundation mare Cinegita.
I’m Engaged is by Broken Vow, the sire of 64 stakes winners including 2016 Eclipse Champion 2-year-old filly Champagne Room. Broken Vow is the broodmare sire of Eclipse Champion Sprinter Runhappy, plus Grade 1 winner Big World, and numerous other stakes winners.
The produce record for I’m Engaged is as follows:
- 2014 I’m With Miller (filly by Sky Mesa) – maiden winner at 3YO for Shortleaf Stable & Brad Cox.
- 2017 A Ring Thing (filly by The Factor) – Maryland-bred filly broke her maiden going 7-1/2 furlongs on turf at Parx at 4YO in 2021, and added a win going a mile on the Aqueduct dirt later that year. Read why we planned the mating that produced this filly here.
- 2018 Postnup (filly by Declaration of War) – Maryland-bred filly sold for $58,000 to De Meric Sales at the Timonium Yearling Sale, then was purchased privately as a 2YO by Cherie DeVaux and David Ingordo. She scored impressively in a maiden special weight going 1-1/8 miles on turf at the Fair Grounds on Feb. 5, 2021, and made it two straight with an allowance victory there on Mar. 28, 2021. She was subsequently tried a few times in stakes company, and after a layoff during the second half of her 3YO season, she’s come back to hit the board in both her allowance starts as a 4YO. Read why we planned the mating that produced this filly here.
- 2020 Big Stick (colt by Munnings). Maryland-bred colt was sold at the 2021 Keeneland January Sale for $110,000 to Hideaway Farms, and was pinhooked for $225,000 at Keeneland September to Sapphire Racing. He broke his maiden as a 3YO at Golden Gate Fields. Read why we planned the mating that produced him here.
- 2021 Doesn’thurttoflirt (filly by Include). Maryland-bred filly was foaled Mar. 8, 2021, and the plan is to keep and race her to eventually join her dam in the Greenspring Mares broodmare band. Read why we planned the mating that produced her here.
- 2022 (colt by Collected). Maryland-bred colt was foaled April 7, 2022, the product of a mating that makes him closely related to G2W Fiery Pursuit.
- 2023 (filly by Code of Honor). Maryland-bred filly was foaled April 6, 2023. You can read about that Housatonic Recommended Mating here.
I’m Engaged will not be bred back in 2023, and we anticipate that her Code of Honor filly will be I’m Engaged’s last foal.
You can check out more photos of I’m Engaged here.
I’m Engaged’s half-sister, Fiery Pursuit, wins the G2 Louisville Breeders’ Cup
Flanders, a half-sister to the dam of I’m Engaged, wins the G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies